Table of Contents
Solanum trilobatum L.
In this article we will discuss about the Solanum trilobatum :- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English: Thai nightshade
- Tamil: Tuduvalai, Nittidam, Sandunayattan
- Kannada: Kakamunji, Ambusondeballi
- Marathi: Mothiringnee, Thoodalam
- Telugu: Alarkapatramu, Kondavuchinta, Mullamusti
- Malayalam: Tutavalam, Putharichunda, Putricunta
- Name: Solanum trilobatum L.
- Family: Solanaceae (Potato family)
- Synonyms: Solanum maingayi, Solanum canaranum, Solanum sarmentosum
Solanum trilobatum Medicinal Uses
- The leaf juice is used to treat cough and cold.
- Unripe fruits paste is applied on ringworm.
- Plant paste is applied externally in headaches and joint pain.
- Plant juice is given orally in liver enlargement, dysentery and fever.
- The fruit juice is given for chest cold, cough, snake bite and body strength.
- Leaves and fruits used for cure eye disorders, nose problems and cold.
- Decotion of the flower is used for vitality and body strength.
- Native medicine men prepare two types of herbal drugs with this plant. they are ‘Thoothuvelai Legiyam’ and ‘Thoothuvelai Nei’.
- The fruit is edible
- The leaves cooked and eaten as a vegetable
Solanum trilobatum Photos
You may like this
- Singh, A. G., Kumar, A., & Tewari, D. D. (2012). An ethnobotanical survey of medicinal plants used in Terai Forest of western Nepal. Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine, 8(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/1746-4269-8-19
- Ethnobotany and Medicinal Plants of Indian Subcontinent. N.p.: Scientific Publishers, 2019.