Table of Contents
Acacia holosericea G.Don
In this article we will discuss about the Acacia holosericea :- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English: Soapbush Wattle
- Tamil: Mankathu
- Name: Acacia holosericea G.Don
- Family: Fabaceae (Pea family)
- Synonyms: Racosperma holosericeum, Acacia mangium var. holosericea
Acacia holosericea Medicinal Uses
- The mashed root infusion taken for laryngitis.
- Infusion of bark or roots taken for coughs and colds
- Crushed ripe pods lathered in water and rubbed on itching skin.
- Pliable bark tied around head to treat headache.
- The phyllodes, bark and pods are used traditionally for the treatment of pruritic skin conditions, headache and tropical infection
- The wood is an excellent fuel that can readily be converted to charcoal.
- Traditionally, it heartwood used to make spear shafts.
Soapbush Wattle Photos
You may like this
- Williams, C. J. (2011). Medicinal Plants in Australia: Volume 2: Gums, Resins, Tannin and Essential Oils. Australia: Rosenberg Publishing.
- Tropical Plants Database, Ken Fern. tropical.theferns.info. 2022-05-17. <tropical.theferns.info/viewtropical.php?id=Acacia+holosericea>