Aponogeton natans (L.) Engl. & K.Krause
In this article we will discuss about the Aponogeton natans :- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English: Floating Lace Plant
- Tamil: Kotti, Kotti kizhangu
- Kannada: Kothe gida, Neeru balli, Neeru kasa
- Telugu: Nava dumpa, Nanna puvvumokka
- Name: Aponogeton natans (L.) Engl. & K.Krause
- Family: Aponogetonaceae (Cape pondweed family)
- Synonyms: Saururus natans, Potamogeton indicus, Aponogeton flavidum
Aponogeton natans Medicinal Uses
- Decoction of leaves is used in stomach disorder and digestive problems.
- The wound caused by heat is treated with entire plant extract.
- Tuber is ground with water and the paste is applied topically to treat wound.
- The bulbils that are collected in early winter are consumed as raw and also after cooking.
- Flowering spike and young shoots are used as vegetables.
- Starchy seeds is roasted and taken as food.
Aponogeton natans Photos
You may like this
- Das, D., Mondal, S., & Mandal, S. (2016). Studies on some economically important aquatic plants of Katwa subdivision of Burdwan District, West Bengal, India. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, 5(6), 961–972. https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2016.506.103
- Yasothkumar, N. (2021). Medicinal plants used to heal wound in Karandamalai of dindigul district in Tamil Nadu, Southern India. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 11(2), 72–75. https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v11i2.4601