Aegiceras corniculatum (L.) Blanco
In this article we will discuss about the Aegiceras corniculatum :- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English: River Mangrove, Black Mangrove
- Tamil: Narik kantal
- Hindi: Halsi
- Marathi: Kajala
- Telugu: Guggilam
- Malayalam: Karinjikkata
- Oriya: Teluni
- Malay: Kacang-kacang
- Bengali: Khalsi
- Name: Aegiceras corniculatum (L.) Blanco
- Family: Primulaceae (Primrose family)
- Synonyms: Aegiceras majus, Rhizophora corniculata, Umbraculum corniculatum
Aegiceras corniculatum Medicinal Uses
- This plant used to cure for asthma, diabetes and rheumatism.
- Leaves used as fomentation in rheumatism and neuralgia and also used in snake bite.
- The decoction used in dyspepsia.
- Bark used for diarrhea.
- Leaves applied after slight warming on the mumps.
- The bark and seeds used as a fish poison.
- The leaves were eaten raw or cooked by the poor.
- The wood is used as firewood.
- Women wear the sweetly fragrant flowers as hair ornaments.
Aegiceras corniculatum Photos
You may like this
- NParks: A. Corniculatum. National Parks Board. (n.d.). Retrieved May 23, 2022, from https://www.nparks.gov.sg/florafaunaweb/flora/5/4/5436
- Vinoth, R., Kumaravel, S., & Ranganathan, R. (2019). Therapeutic and traditional uses of mangrove plants. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 9(4-s), 849–854. https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v9i4-s.3457
- A. corniculatum. indiamart.com. (n.d.). Retrieved May 23, 2022, from https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/aegiceras-corniculatum-6374415712.html
- Medicinal Plants: Biodiversity, Sustainable Utilization and Conservation. Germany: Springer Singapore, 2020.