Biophytum reinwardtii (Zucc.) Klotzsch
In this article we will discuss about the biophytum reinwardtii:- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English Name: Reinwardt’s Tree Plant
- Tamil name: Panichuruki, Runakkali
- Hindi name: Laajjaalu
- Name: Biophytum reinwardtii (Zucc.) Klotzsch
- Family: Oxalidaceae (Wood sorrel family)
- Synonyms: Oxalis reinwardtii, Oxalis sensitiva, Oxalis reinwardtii
Biophytum reinwardtii Medicinal uses
- The leaves decoction is used as a remedy for cough
- Crushed fresh leaves are applied on cuts and wounds to stop bleeding and quick healing
- The herb decoction is given for hypertension.
- In Java, a decoction of the leaves is given for asthma, phthisis, and snake-bite poisoning, while a decoction of the root is drunk for gonorrhea and stone in the bladder.
- The powdered seed mixed with cow ghee is applied to abscesses to promote suppuration.
- Women use this flower for decorate their hair at thiruvaathira festival celebration
Reinwardt’s Tree Plant Photos
You may also like
JAYAWEERA. 1982. MEDICINAL PLANTS (Indigenous and Exotic) Used in Ceylon. The National Science Council of Sri Lanka. p-171.