Table of Contents
Curcuma pseudomontana J.Graham
In this article we will discuss about the curcuma pseudomontana:- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English names: Hill Turmeric
- Tamil name: Kattu manjal
- Hindi name: Kachura
- Name: Curcuma pseudomontana J.Graham
- Family: Zingiberaceae (Ginger family)
- Synonyms: Curcuma grahamiana, Curcuma ranadei
Curcuma pseudomontana medicinal uses
- The roots are boiled and eaten for leprosy, dysentery, cardiac bugs and general debility.
- The Savara tribes use tuber extracts to cure jaundice.
- The slightly warmed tuber paste used to treat swollen body parts.
- Women of the Jatapu and Savara tribes eat boiled tubers to increase lactation.
- The Khand tribes apply tuber paste to their heads for a cooling effect.
- The Kukus Mukus eat fresh tubers of the plant to purify the blood.
- Tubers of hill turmeric are boiled and eaten as a source of starch in times of famine.
- The oblong-lancelike leaves are used as dinner plates.
Hill turmeric photos
You may also like