Aeschynomene indica L.
In this article we will discuss about the Aeschynomene indica:- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English: Budda pea
- Tamil: Thakkapundu, Nettithakkai
- Hindi: Laugauni
- Kannada: Bendukasa, Bendu kasa
- Marathi: Nalabi
- Telugu: Tigajeluga, Jeeluga
- Malayalam: Nellithali, Nettuthakkai, Thakkapundu
- Bengali: kath shola
- Name: Aeschynomene indica L.
- Family: Fabaceae (Pea family)
- Synonyms: Aeschynomene diffusa, Aeschynomene kashmiriana, Aeschynomene pumila
Aeschynomene indica Medicinal Uses
- The herb leaves used for snakebite, kidney stones and urinary disorders
The plant extract has spermicidal activity
- The stem bark of the plant and root of Andrographis paniculata are crushed and the paste is taken with honey to cure dysurea.
- Juice of the young stem and leaf along with cumeen seeds are made in to paste and taken twice a day for seven days for cure malaria.
- Leaf is used as fodder.
- Soft wood is used for making sola-hats.
Aeschynomene indica Photos
You may like this
- Joshi, H. Ethnobotanical studies of the Tarai region of Kumaun, Uttarakhand, India. CORE Available at: https://core.ac.uk/reader/32298805. (Accessed: 10th May 2022)
- Santosh Kumar, J. U., Krishna Chaitanya, M. J., Semotiuk, A. J., & Krishna, V. (2019). Indigenous knowledge of medicinal plants used by ethnic communities of South India. Ethnobotany Research and Applications, 18. https://doi.org/10.32859/era.18.4.1-112
- Srivastava, N., & Shukla, A. N. (2018). Diversity and uses of medicinal plants in Chandra Prabha Wildlife Sanctuary, Chandauli district, Uttar Pradesh. Tropical Plant Research, 5(3), 405–418. https://doi.org/10.22271/tpr.2018.v5.i3.050
- Sen, S. K., & Behera, L. M. (2016). Some ethnomedicinal plants used against high blood pressure in Bargarh district in Western Odisha (India). Tropical Plant Research, 3(3), 517–521. https://doi.org/10.22271/tpr.2016.v3.i3.068
- Pattanayak, B. (2016). ETHNOBOTANICAL SURVEY OF ANTIMALARIAL PLANTS OF ODISHA, INDIA. Asian Journal of Science and Technology, 07(03), 2529–2536.