Cockroach Respiratory System Short Notes
In this article we will discuss about the cockroach respiratory system
Cockroach Respiratory System
- Respiratory system carry oxygen from the air to all the parts
- The respiratory system of cockroach consists of network of trachea
- That open through 10 pairs of small holes called spiracles
- 2-pair on thorax and 8 pairs on abdomen region
- Branches of trachea is called Tracheal Capillaries or tracheoles
- Gas exchange takes place at the tracheoles by diffusion
How Respiratory System Works In Cockroach?
- Muscles extend between the tergites and sternites of all abdominal segments
- When the abdomen expands, atmospheric air gets filled in the tracheal system through spiracles. This is inspiration.
- When the abdomen contracts, the air is forced out. This is expiration.
- The cuticle of cockroach is highly permeable to CO2, but not to O2
- Most of the CO2 diffuse out from body wall some of CO2 out through spiracles.
You may also like: –
- Cockroach Morphology Short Notes
- Cockroach Digestive System Short Notes
- Cockroach Excretory System Short Notes
- Cockroach Respiratory System Short Notes
- Cockroach Nervous System Short Notes
- Cockroach Circulatory System Short Notes
- Cockroach Reproductive System Short Notes
For more detailed information about Structural Organisation in Animals, download now full study material as PDF and if you want to learn more detailed information about Structural Organisation in Animals, visit YouTube Channel.