Hardwickia binata Roxb.
In this article we will discuss about the Hardwickia binata :- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English: Indian Blackwood
- Tamil: Aacha, Karachi
- Hindi: Anjan
- Kannada: Kammara, Kamra
- Marathi: Kamara
- Telugu: Yepi
- Malayalam: Achamaram
- Name: Hardwickia binata Roxb.
- Family: Fabaceae (pea family)
Hardwickia binata Medicinal Uses
- The resin obtained from the tree is used as a diuretics
- Bark contains tannins and astringent used in the treatment of diarrhea, worms, indigestion and leprosy, also produces an appetizer
- A balsam resin, combined with cubebs and sandal is used in the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like leucorrhoea, chronic cystitis and gonorrhea.
- Seed used for dysentery.
- The natives of Chhattisgarh region used leave for headache.
- The native of kanker region used leave for purgative and constipation.
- Wood extremely hard and heavy, used for agricultural and many other purposes.
- The leaves are used as green manure.
- The wood is used for beam, mine, props, bride house construction
- Bark have a good sorption capacity for mercury and useful for removal of most of the mercury from water under certain condition.
Indian Blackwood Photos
You may like this
- Shingade, SP & Kakde, Rajendra. (2021). A Review on “Anjan” Hardwickia binata Roxb: Its Phytochemical Studies, Traditional uses and Pharmacological activities. Pharmacognosy Reviews. 15. 65-68. 10.5530/phrev.2021.15.7. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/352233068_A_Review_on_Anjan_Hardwickia_binata_Roxb_Its_Phytochemical_Studies_Traditional_uses_and_Pharmacological_activities