Hirudo General Characteristics
After reading this article you will learn about Hirudo General Characteristics
General Characteristics of Hirudo
- Mostly fluid feeders and primarily freshwater annelids but some are marine
- The body has definite number or segments
- The tentacles, parapodia and setae are totally absent.
- Both anterior and posterior ends of the body with suckers.
- Saliva contains Hirudin and it is a powerful anticoagulant
- They are hermaphrodite and Fertilization is internal and a larval stage is absent.
- True coelom is restricted to excretory and reproductive system other area is filled with special tissue called Botryoidal tissue
For more detailed information about Animal Kingdom, visit YouTube Channel.