Morinda coreia Buch.-Ham.
In this article we will discuss about the Morinda coreia :- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English: Morinda tree, Indian mulberry
- Tamil: Nuna
- Hindi: Achi
- Kannada: Maddi mara
- Marathi: Aseti
- Telugu: Maddi
- Malayalam: Manjanathi
- Name: Morinda coreia Buch.-Ham.
- Family: Rubiaceae (Coffee family)
- Synonyms: Morinda pubescens, Morinda tinctoria, Morinda exserta
Morinda coreia Medicinal Uses
- The plant used for rheumatic disease The fresh fruit is eaten as a laxative to cure flatulence and indigestion.
- Plant leaves were boiled with water to cure parasites.
- The leaves used to treat join the broken bone.
- The morindone (red dye) obtain from root of the tree
- The dye is used for colouring linen and woollen goods
Morinda Tree Photos
You may like this
- SAISOR, N. A. R. I. N., PRATHEPHA, P. R. E. E. C. H. A., & Saensouk, S. (2021). Ethnobotanical study and utilization of plants in Khok Nhong Phok Forest, Kosum Phisai District, Northeastern Thailand. Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity, 22(10). https://doi.org/10.13057/biodiv/d221026
- Pullaiah, T. (2002). Medicinal plants in Andhra Pradesh, India. Regency Publications.