Phyllanthus virgatus G. Forster
In this article we will discuss about the Phyllanthus virgatus:- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English names: Virgate leaf-flower
- Tamil name: Patar nelli
- Hindi name: Bhui aonla
- Name: Phyllanthus virgatus G. Forster
- Family: Phyllanthaceae (Amla family)
- Synonyms: Phyllanthus filicaulis, Phyllanthus simplex
Phyllanthus virgatus Medicinal Uses
- The leaves are crushed and mixed with buttermilk to make a lotion for children against itching.
- The whole plant is used to treat infantile malnutrition caused by intestinal parasites.
- The fresh leaves, flowers and fruits, combined with cumin seeds and sugar, are made into an electuary which is used in the treatment of gonorrhoea.
- The leaf juice is used to treat Jaundice and Diabetes.
- The whole plant is used as an antiseptic and antiinflammatory agent.
- The plant extract is used to treat high fever.
Virgate leaf-flower Photos
You may like this