Unio General Characteristics
After reading this article you will learn about Unio General Characteristics
General Characteristics of Unio
- It is found in rivers, lakes and ponds.
- Its shell consists of two halves, called the valves.
- A whitish elevation in each valve is called umbo.
- Head indistinct and a radula is absent
- Shells of the fresh water mussels are used in the manufacture of buttons
- Unio is dioecious and Development through Giochidium Larva
For more detailed information about Animal Kingdom, visit YouTube Channel.