Cleome rutidosperma DC.
In this article we will discuss about the fringed spider flower:- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English name: Fringed Spider Flower
- Tamil name: Nila velai
- Hindi name: Ujla hulhul
- Name: Cleome rutidosperma DC.
- Family: Cleomaceae (Spider Flower family)
- Synonyms: Cleome dodecandra, Cleome ciliata
Cleome rutidosperma medicinal uses
- The squeezed juice of fresh leaves is used as eye drops and boiled leaves serve as food.
- The roots are used as vermifuge.
- Leaf sap is applied for earache and earinflammation.
- In South Nigeria, a leaf extract is used to treat irritated skin, prickly heat, convulsions.
- In Zaire, It is used for deafness.
- The roots were used for hypoglycemic effect and anthelmintic activity.
- Anti-oxidant, anti-plasmodial, analgesic, locomotory, anti-microbial, diuretic, laxative, anthelmintic and anti-diabetic activity.
Fringed spider flower photos
You may like this