Synedrella nodiflora (L.) Gaertn.
In this article we will discuss about the synedrella nodiflora:- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English names: Cinderella Weed, Nodeweed, Pig grass
- Tamil name: Mudiyan pachchai
- Malayalam: Mudiyendra pacha
- Nepali: Hare Jhaar
- Kannada: Tota halu gida
- Name: Synedrella nodiflora (L.) Gaertn.
- Family: Asteraceae (Sunflower family)
- Synonyms: Verbesina nodiflora
Synedrella nodiflora Medicinal Uses
- The leaves juice mixed with the seeds of Nigella sativa, is used to assuage earache
- The leaves are used to treat rheumatism.
- In Indonesia, the leaves of S. nodiflora are used as a poultice for sore legs and rheumatism
- In Africa leaves juice used for treatment of mouth affections such as infected gums.
- Leaves decoction used to treat diarrihoea
- In Indonesia, tender leaves are used in salad
- Horses, cattle, pigs and rabbits eat the plant readily.
Cinderella Weed Photos
You may like this