Dentalium General Characteristics
After reading this article you will learn about Dentalium General Characteristics
General Characteristics of Dentalium
- It is a marine mollusc
- Dentalium is found burrowing in sand
- The body completely enclosed by the mantle
- The shell is slightly curved, tubular and opens at both the ends.
- Gills absent, instead a part of mantle serves for gaseous exchange
- There are present filamentous tentacles called the captacula, which are useful in feeding.
- Sexes are separate and Development through trochophore larva
For more detailed information about Animal Kingdom, visit YouTube Channel.