Loligo General Characteristics
After reading this article you will learn about Loligo General Characteristics
General Characteristics of Loligo
- It is a marine mollusc commonly called squid
- Body is long, slender, pigmented and tapering behind
- A fin is present along its postero-lateral edges
- The shell is internal and feather-like
- The body is divisible into head, collar (neck) and trunk.
- Head bears a pair of large bulging eyes 4 pairs of thick and small arms and a pair of long, slender and clubbed tentacles.
- An ink sac is present at the base of funnel which serves as organ of defence.
- Sexes separate and development is direct
For more detailed information about Animal Kingdom, visit YouTube Channel.