Pila General Characteristics
After reading this article you will learn about Pila General Characteristics
General Characteristics of Pila
- It inhabits ponds, paddy fields, sometimes streams and rivers
- The body of Pila enclosed by a thick spirally-coiled shell
- The mouth of the shell is closed by a flat and oval plate called operculum
- Pila has osphradium which is meant for testing chemical and physical nature of water.
- Pila exhibits double mode of respiration
- The sexes are separate but sexual dimorphism is almost absent.
- Development of Pila is direct, and young snail develops from the fertilized egg.
For more detailed information about Animal Kingdom, visit YouTube Channel.