Octopus General Characteristics
After reading this article you will learn about Octopus General Characteristics
General Characteristics of Octopus
- Marine and free-swimming
- Internal shell and nidamental gland absent
- The body is oval and with no lateral fins
- Head distinct and large with well-developed eyes and mouth.
- Foot modified into arms and attached with head
- One of the arms of male is spoon shaped and is called hectocotylized which is used to transfer sperms into the female.
- Octopus ejects an inky fluid in water and forms a screen for defence from its enemies
- Octopus can change its colour.
- Sexes separate and development is direct
For more detailed information about Animal Kingdom, visit YouTube Channel.