Lindernia antipoda (L.) Alston
In this article we will discuss about the Lindernia antipoda:- common name, scientific name, medicinal uses and photos.
- English names: Sparrow False Pimpernel
- Tamil name: Phannipoondu, Thannipoondu
- Telugu name: Neella pundu
- Name: Lindernia antipoda (L.) Alston
- Family: Linderniaceae (Lindernia family)
- Synonyms: Ruellia antipoda, Bonnaya antipoda
Lindernia antipoda Medicinal Uses
- The whole plant extract is used for cough and swelling pain in the throat.
- Leaves are used for jaundice
- In Malaysia, the root with the addition of an astringent is used to cure diarrhea.
- A decoction of roots and leaves is used as a dewormer.
- In Indonesia, the plant is part of a drug against vertigo
- In Taiwan, the whole plant is considered an emmenagogue.
Sparrow False Pimpernel Photos
You may like this
Si, Aung. The Traditional Ecological Knowledge of the Solega: A Linguistic Perspective. Germany, Springer International Publishing, 2015.