In this article we will discuss about Planaria General Characteristics
Planaria General Characteristics
- Planaria is found commonly in freshwater
- Planaria are gregarious, carnivorous and hermaphrodite
- Head bears a pair of lateral projections called auricles, they are chemoreceptor’s and sense chemicals in the water
- Near the anterior are two eyespots. These allow to sense light whether it is darkness or light
- Pharynx is tubular structure that can be everted beyond the mouth
- If Planaria is cut across into two, three or more parts, each part regenerates into a complete and normal individual.
- Neoblast cells found in planarians which is help in regeneration
- Life cycle is usually direct without any larvel stages
For more detailed information about Animal Kingdom, visit YouTube Channel.