Scolopendra General Characteristics
After reading this article you will learn about Scolopendra General Characteristics
General Characteristics of Scolopendra
- Body is divided into head and trunk.
- The head of it has a pair of antennae, a pair of maxilliped & a pair of maxillae
- The trunk is segmented with a pair of legs
- The first pair of legs is modified into poison claws
- They are carnivorous ,active and hunt their prey
- Respiration by trachea
- Excretion through malphighian tubules
- Centipedes are covered with a tough outer coat, however they do not have a waterproof layer and stay in moist areas
- Centipedes do not go through a metamorphosis like many other bugs.
For more detailed information about Animal Kingdom, visit YouTube Channel.